Tuesday, September 9, 2008

i'm really trying this whole working-out thing. really. on saturday (of all days, the blessed, sacred saturday!) i worked out for a half hour (a lot for me, thankyouverymuch). i did 25 mins on the treadmill at a brisk walk and then 5 minutes with my new weights. i got two 8lb weights because i noticed my upper arms are looking.. well. awful. i lost my first 30 or so lbs in my upper chest (i.e. boobs, shoulders - so all my shirts show my bra straps. lovely). my arms have sagging skin already and that freaks me out.

i took sunday off, workout-wise. monday i did 20 minutes at a brisk pace, 5 mins at a jog. yes i said jog. i nearly died, but i did it.

today i was going to do 15 minutes but i overslept. it's not easy getting in at 10:15 at night, wired and tired at the same time, only to get up a couple hours later and do it all again.

right now my biggest problem is the giant-sized bag of reeses mini pb cups that our admin brought in. she always stocks our kitchen cupboards with costco treats. i hate that i love reeses pb cups. i hate them even more that they don't get stuck.

speaking of getting stuck...
saturday night i was eating dinner (grilled chicken on the bone and steamed broccoli - i know, healthy, right? it was good) and it was going fine.. until. dum-dum-dum. STUCK! oh yes. i think i failed to chew properly and got some chicken stuck. so i walked around a little, no help. i went into the kitchen and leaned over the sink, hoping the pressure from the counter will, erm, help me cough up my problem. and so i am leaning over the sink, coughing and hacking (pbing, or productive burping in bandspeak, is not a typical 'vomit'), trying to get the offending poultry out. i'm sliming like crazy (extreme salivation) and my eyes are watering and it flippin HURTS! i'm spitting up all this slime and my nose starts running..

out of my nose came some broccoli :)

gross!!!!

No comments:

NeoCounter